Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Faith and Corresponding Action

So it's been a few weeks and I have had several things I wanted to share, but God was not done downloading His lesson. Now it may be ready... we shall see  :)

Have you ever been dumbfounded by someone saying: "I'm just waiting on God" and you watch them pass up so many boats, helicopters and speedboats, and eventually drown... (ok, this is based on a story about a man stuck on a roof in a flood, who prayed for help but then turned down the means of rescue God sent him because he was waiting on God to rescue him). Moral of the story, God uses people and situations to show us His will and give us His wisdom. We don't have to have a direct line to heaven, if we are listening He is always speaking. 

A few weeks ago I hit a wall in some things in my life... I stopped seeing the things God was doing and started being overwhelmed by the challenges those near and dear were enduring. Like Peter, I stepped out on the water and then seeing the height of the waves, I started to sink. 

See we start out great, faith is high, God is present and we are excited about this new thing God is doing, but then weeks, months or years later... its not new anymore and we're not excited anymore and it seems like God is absent. We begin to question ourselves: was it really God, did I miss it somewhere, will it really matter if I just throw in the towel, say: "I made a good run of it but I'm passing the baton now"and exit stage left. 

Two keys today: 
1) Keep your eyes on Jesus, the author and the finisher of the work...
I have heard eyewitness accounts of an anointed healing minister who would be preaching and praying so passionately that she would step off the stage and just walk on air, completely unaware, because her eyes and heart was heavenward. 

So heres the first key, Eyes on Jesus, walk on water, air or whatever needs walked on to get to where He's called you. 

2) Faith is only Faith when its listening to God
Faith is not believing in your idea of who God is, defined by your life experiences of Him, and limited to the ways you have seen Him speak to you in the past. Faith is FAITH in GOD. Its believing that who He is and what He's done is enough. Its resting in the knowledge that the battle is won, but the skirmishes with the renegades may be challenging. Its knowing His voice but walking in the peace of His silence. Its not looking for a new high or a new calling or a new experience to repair the lack of relationship we have. 

And the second key: Faith is Love in Action. 

Are my family going through some trying times? Yep. I can choose to doubt all that we are doing and have done or I can act in Love and pray, read the word, listen for His voice and keep doing what He last told me to do. 

James 2:26 AMP says it this way:
 For as the human body apart from the spirit is lifeless, so faith apart from [its] works of obedience is also dead.

Who's ready to step out with me?!

love you all dearly,
Abigail

1 comment:

  1. So appreciate this. A life lived by faith is a simple but not easy one.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and want to hear your views ~ please keep it clean and helpful~ thanks!