Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3/13/13

Patterns and palindromes

I love patterns and palindromes are even better, because I am left handed, the idea that reading whether left to right or right to left arrives at the same place is very reassuring to me.

So the date today is a palindrome and that brings me to the day 2 challenge : 
determine to be patient with yourself

We are an instant generation, and sometimes apply that same expectation to God and His work in us. I prayed and nothing happened... Well that's all fake then, didn't work for me! God has not forgotten you, nor has He left you. You may not be where you want to be with Him but you're still here, in the race... So today, be merciful with yourself as God is merciful, extend kindness to yourself. 

God's word talks about "line upon line and precept upon precept" which is in the Bible, but if I go to my Bible app to try to paste it here, this whole page of typing will disappear... So bible scholars can help out by quoting the textual reference in the comments and the rest of us will just follow along with y'all. 

Basically what that says is that God knows he has to repeat himself to us :)  Seriously, He is not surprised by our in attentive or disinterested or foggy brainspace. He knows that it takes time to learn a new habit and He knows we fall and He actually knows how many times we're going to fall before we graduate to walking and then running the race of faith. Like any good father he is for us, cheering us on, come'on baby, you can do it, try again, get up sweetheart, I know you can do this! What Dad says to his 1 year old, who has just fallen down for the 15th time that day: "that's it! You're never gonna walk! I'm done with you!" Yet we believe the lies of the enemy when he says those very words masquerading as our Heavenly Father on the judgement seat... 

So today lets keep emptying out the lies we have received as truth, the judgments we have accepted from men, which were not God's voice, but came from his people, and replace them with His truth - you are Loved and nothing you do can separate you from that love.

 Life in God is a Palindrome - just because we start out from opposite directions doesn't mean we can't end up in the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you reading my blog and want to hear your views ~ please keep it clean and helpful~ thanks!