Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Kenosis

Kenosis





Phl 2:7emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

So on Day 1 of our journey to the miraculous - this word pursued and consumed me. Kenosis : to empty out of what we are, in order to serve and obediently follow...

I am not talking about "emptying" your mind - in the sense of meditation etc... I am referring to emptying your heart... This pouring out of your heart to The Lord is vital, there has to be a release of the past, the hurt, the regrets, the failures, the unforgiveness... That is what God is calling for today...


This song which we sang at our home group a couple of Sundays ago sums it up beautifully:



Pour Out My Heart (Lyrics)
Craig Musseau ©1994 Mercy / Vineyard Publishing
Verse
Here I am, once again
I pour out my heart, for I know that You hear every cry You are listening No matter what state my heart is in You are faithful to answer With words that are true and a hope that is real As I feel Your touch You bring a freedom to all that’s within In the safety of this place
Pour out my heart to say that I love You
Pour out my heart to say that I need You
Pour out my heart to say that I’m thankful Pour out my heart to say that You’re wonderful 

Chorus
(I’m longing to)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you reading my blog and want to hear your views ~ please keep it clean and helpful~ thanks!